A major point of pride at Image Plus is our post-operative care. We take care of our patients after they receive our treatment because we know every procedure is different and we want to ensure everything heals as it should for the best possible results.
Included with your procedure are routine follow-up visits at one day, one week, one month, three months, six months and one year. These may be done with your optometrist or at Image Plus with one of our Optometrists. We would be happy to discuss what follow-up plan best suits your needs.
Initially, your vision will be like “swimming under water”. Depending on your prescription, your vision should improve over several hours to several days. Each patient heals differently, so timing may vary.
At your first post-op visit with your surgeon, we will assess your eyes and your vision. Once you meet the criteria for driving (typically after one day with iLASIK), you will be instructed how to get your glasses restriction removed from your license. You should not drive to your one-day post-operative visit.
A minority of patients experience a decrease in night vision quality following laser vision correction surgery. This usually is temporary and subsides within several months. Some will continue to experience diminished night vision for a number of months. Occasionally it may be permanent. We are the only practice in Winnipeg that uses iDesign WaveFront technology, which minimizes the chance of night vision quality worsening and tends to maintain or even improve night vision quality.
Immediately following your procedure, follow these instructions:
- No direct contact with your eyes for two weeks after surgery.
- We recommend that you bathe rather than shower to prevent soap and water from contacting your eyes. If you prefer to shower, wear a good pair of swimming goggles.
- Avoid smoke and dust-filled environments for two weeks.
- Avoid swimming pools, spas, hot tubs, saunas, hot yoga, sun tanning beds and lakes for one month.
- Avoid contact or racquet sports for one month.
- Do not wear make-up for two weeks.
- Regular non-contact activities can resume one day post-op, but do not increase your level of exercise for two weeks.
- If applicable, change your driver’s license restriction regarding corrective lenses. You do not require any documentation from us to do this.
Hopefully this article gives you a better idea of what to expect after laser vision correction. The process has evolved over many decades and because we make use of the best technology available (iLASIK), we are able to say with confidence the majority of patients heal quicker than with traditional LASIK.
Are you ready to take the next step and live your life without boundaries? The first step is to book a complimentary assessment!