Choosing a Surgeon
Choosing the surgeon that’s right for you is a very personal decision based on your individual needs and expectations. Ask yourself a series of questions to help you determine the style of practice that you are most comfortable with:
- Who will be my contact person after the procedure—a surgeon, optometrist, and ophthalmic assistant/nurse?
- Am I comfortable discussing my questions with staff members other than the treating doctor?
- Do I want a personal consultation with my surgeon before the day of my laser treatment?
- Am I comfortable with having someone other than my eye care physician performing follow-up examinations?
- Is the practice strictly a refractive surgery centre or a full service ophthalmic practice offering refractive surgery as one component?
We encourage you to contact us with all of your questions and concerns—we want to provide you with all the information you need to help make this important decision.